Friday, July 19, 2013

Reviews ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router

Well as you can tell this ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router is a superb router with many advanced features. Thus is why I call it the swiss army knife. I may just call my router McGuyver since it can do everything (for all you old school guys out there that know about the show I figured you could use a laugh).
The ASUS RT-AC66U Gigabit wireless dual-band router offers users Broadcom's 5th generation Wi-Fi (5G WiFi)
The graphic interface for the ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U router is much more sophisticated than my previous router (Netgear N600 WNDR3400). I also got the upgraded antenna for the AC66U and it made a noticeable difference in the range. The router is in a closet and now has a very strong signal all around the apartment (brick walls and lots of obstacles in the way).
  • 1 x Gigabit WAN port
  • 802.11AC(1300Mbps over 5G) + 802.11N(450Mbps over 2.4G)
  • IPv6 support
  • VPN Server Support
  • 2 x USB2.0 support got Printer sharing or HDD sharing
ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router uses very dark/deep blue LED's just below the top surface. This dark blue lighting matches that same blue on our high end components. The small ASUS name in the back right corner is gold plated, a nice touch. The criss-cross grid pattern is done extremely well.

Wireless N wasn't cutting it for streaming HD video to multiple TV's simultaneously and my previous Cisco router was due for an upgrade anyway. This router is amazing. I found Cisco's UI to be unnecessarily complex and unclear but this does a great job of making advanced functions simple and easy to change.

I now have 12 connected devices in my house at any given time. I have this paired with a Netgear 10/100/1000 switch and no issues for wired devices. I have 7 wireless devices, 3 of which stream HD sometimes solo and sometimes at the same time. I've had no issues with quality or lag at all.

ASUS ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router reassigned all the IP's for my NAS, HDHomerun Prime, and Media Center Extenders. All of those needed to be reconfigured with the new router separately. Other than that, best network component I've ever owned.

If you are reading other reviews on the website that are saying this router is bad ignore them.  The feature called "Download Master" performs downloads for your PC. With a storage device attached I no longer need to leave my PC running while waiting for a download to finish. There's many other features you can add or simply turn on. It's the shizznit of routers for sure. I'm in the GUI every couple hours checking features, usage, etc. It's a great application for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment